Farm Debt Mediation Service
The Farm Debt Mediation Service offers financial counselling and mediation services to farmers who are having difficulties meeting their financial obligations. It is a free and voluntary service for both producers and for creditor(s). The service helps bring producers and their creditor(s) together with a mediator in a neutral forum to reach a mutually acceptable solution. The service is private and confidential. It is an economical alternative to trying to resolve financial disputes in court.
- Once you submit an application, our goal is to achieve our service standards at a minimum of 80% of the time under normal circumstances:
- Our goal is to respond to general inquiries made to our phone number or email address before the end of the next business day;
- Our goal is to notify you if your application has been accepted or not by the end of the next business day;
- Our goal is to have all necessary documentation sent to creditors and producer seven (7) business days prior to the mediation meeting;
- Our goal is to schedule the first mediation meeting within 70 calendar days after acceptance of your application.
For more information or to submit your application, contact the Farm Debt Mediation Service office nearest you.