Feedback on Specified Gas Reporting Schedule
The revised Specified Gas Reporting Schedule is open to public comments until February 15, 2019. The draft Standard, together with the Specified Gas Reporting Regulation (SGRR), lays out current requirements for 2018 emissions reporting. The draft Standard and comment table are available here.
The current draft of the Standard has been updated to improve alignment with the federal reporting program, the Carbon Competitiveness Incentive Regulation (CCIR), and to better inform policy analysis, including:
- Reporting of products, and production information for any products regulated under the CCIR,
- Reporting on-site transportation emissions separately for marked and unmarked fuels,
- Reporting CO2 sent off site and received on site separately for acid gas and non-acid gas streams,
- Reporting facility boundary information in a geospatial data file,
- Quantification methodology requirements now include those described in Quantification Methodologies for the Carbon Competitiveness Incentive Regulation and the Specified Gas Reporting Regulation, including requirements related to stationary fuel combustion, industrial processes, imports, production, measurement, sampling, and data management, and
- Facilities can request deviations from methodology requirements, and production reporting.
If you have any questions, please feel free to send an email to our general inbox: AEP.GHG@gov.ab.ca