Mental Health Makes Good Business Sense. Invest in Your Workplace!
In an effort to get a better understanding of the challenges faced by entrepreneurs, the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) is conducting the first nationwide research on entrepreneurs' mental well-being, supported by BDC. This study aims to identify challenges, facilitators and barriers to well-being and to understand commonalities among business owners. Please take a few minutes to complete this confidential survey to enhance the understanding of mental health within entrepreneurship and share concrete ways to support your peers across Canada.
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce has partnered with the Mental Health Commission of Canada to launch a campaign focusing on the importance of ensuring their employees mental health needs are being met. 338 Conversations is a call to action for all 338 Members of Parliament to join forces with local chambers of commerce to promote workplace health. Some tools and resources to available to help employers and employees are:
- National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace (Free publication)
- FAQ: National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace (PDF)
- Being a Mindful Employee: An Orientation to Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace (Free online training)
- Video Series: 13 Factors: Addressing Mental Health in the Workplace
- Free Webinars
- Learn More about Mental Wellness in the Workplace