Do You Know Someone Extraordinary? Consider Nominating Them for a 2019 Community Spirit Award!
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2019 Community Spirit Awards. The awards, formerly known as the Civic Recognition Awards, honour individuals who have made an extraordinary contribution to the community and who by their dedication, activities and/or accomplishments have enhanced the quality of life in Medicine Hat for the last 30 years. Residents can send their nomination forms recognizing individuals for the 2019 Community Spirit Awards in the following categories: Arts/Culture, Sports/Recreation, Compassion, Environment, Community Inclusion, Volunteerism and Civic Pride. To complete or download a nomination form or nomination procedure form, visit the City website, medicinehat.ca. The deadline to submit a nomination form is Friday, May 31, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. For more information, please call 403.529.8296. The 2019 Community Spirit Awards will be presented at a ceremony on October 3, 2019 at The Esplanade Arts & Heritage Centre.
Nominations are also being accepted for the Awards of Excellence.
• Heart of Medicine Hat award: an individual, organization or business who, outside of their core business, has made a major contribution to enhance the quality of life in Medicine Hat in a variety of areas for at least the past 15 years.
• Change Maker award: an individual, organization or business who, outside of their core business, has made a major contribution to enhance the quality of life in Medicine Hat in the past five years through innovation, advocacy, or leadership through social, economic or urban development.
The Community Spirit Awards also include an ongoing Award of Achievement category, reserved to recognize individuals or teams in two categories, Arts/Culture and Sports/Recreation. Each recognizes an individual or team in an amateur or professional competition who has competed and placed first in a provincial championship or who has placed first, second or third in a national or international competition. These nominations will be accepted and awards will be given throughout the year.
Requirements for nominations include:
• A completed Community Spirit Awards nomination form
• A brief biography / resume of the nominee
• A letter of support from the nominator
• Any additional information that supports the application
• A high quality digital image of the nominee
• Nominees may be residents of Medicine Hat, Redcliff or Cypress County, however, the extraordinary contribution(s) must benefit residents of Medicine Hat
• The nominator must be a resident of Medicine Hat
• Nominees must agree to the nomination