Have you ever thought of exporting? There is help for you!
Growing your company and finding new markets for your product or service may seem daunting. That is why there are over 1000, trade commissioners located in more than 160 cities worldwide with six regional offices across Canada. These commissioners guide Canadian companies on their international business journey and help with:
- assessing their potential for specific markets
- developing market-entry strategies
- connecting them with important opportunities
- helping resolve complex business problems
Trade commissioners help Canadian companies by providing:
- on-the-ground intelligence
- qualified contacts and privileged access to foreign governments, business leaders and decision-makers
- access to partnership opportunities and export details
- practical advice on international markets to help businesses become export-ready
In addition to helping with access and information, there is also funding programs available from the federal government that helps to support Canadian companies who export to international markets.
- CANEXPORT allows small and medium-sized companies access up to $75,000 in funding to assist with international market development activities. Up to 75% of costs for report marketing of your products and services in international markets where you have little to no sales are covered.
- Going Global Innovation Fund helps pioneering small and medium-sized enterprises, universities and non-governmental research centres in Canada pursue collaborative R&D opportunities abroad, with the aim to commercialize Canadian technologies.
Interested? Want to know more? Check out these Introduction to Canadian Trade Commissioner Service videos: