Your Weekly Tune Up
Federal Election: Deadline Approaches To Apply To Vote by Mail or at an Elections Canada Office
The deadline to apply to vote by mail is Tuesday, September 14, 6:00 p.m., local time. Electors who apply to vote by special ballot at an Elections Canada office may vote there at the same time. They have until Tuesday, September 14, 6:00 p.m., to do so. Find out more.
Electors can find the address of their assigned polling station on the back of their voter information card, by visiting elections.ca or by calling 1-800-463-6868. To vote, electors must prove their identity and address. The list of accepted ID is online. You can also view the health and safety measures for voting here.
City prepares to launch new website to community
The City's new website, which will launch mid-September, offers an intuitive navigation, a mobile responsive design, and addresses accessibility standards. In addition to the redesigned website, the City is simultaneously launching a citizen portal – a new mobile channel where residents can create an account that is tied to their address, allowing them to customize a dashboard of location-based services and City information. Find out more.
Quick Check Up
Fuelling Our Business Community
The Power of Community
Join us from September 10 to 19 to celebrate Welcoming Week 2021.
Each and every one of us has the power to help others, regardless of background, to be seen, heard, welcomed and included in our communities. More Info.
Locally, Saamis Immigration is just one great example of how our community is able to welcome newcomers into Medicine Hat! We at the Chamber not only advocate for current and new businesses in our community, but we are also accepting of everyone and anyone! Please Join us as we celebrate Welcome Week 2021!
BusinessLink Peerpreneur Sessions give entrepreneurs the chance to participate in live, peer-to-peer virtual group discussions facilitated by a Business Link Strategist. Over a 4-week period, each group will connect on a weekly basis to discuss their business challenges, exchange best practices, and learn how to best support each other.
Enriching Your Business
Fill Up On Funding
$340 million for Alberta ranchers due to drought
Producers can apply for an initial AgriRecovery payment through the 2021 Canada-Alberta Livestock Feed Assistance Initiative to help cover feed and water access costs for breeding female livestock across the province.
Alberta ranchers can apply for up to $200 per head through a $340-million support program. Read More.
Get Export Ready: A Chance to Win $75,000 with Startup Global
Sponsored by Export Development Canada (EDC), Startup Global (formerly Canadian Export Challenge) is an event for Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses looking to scale up. Your FREE registration gives you access to valuable resources on a convenient online portal including:
• how-to guides
• business templates
• pitching bootcamps
• EDC’s financial and knowledge resources
If you’re ready to compete, you can also pitch your export idea to a panel of expert judges for a chance to win up to $75,000 cash and up to $100,000 in support. Check it out
Advocacy in Action
Reducing direct costs tops list of competitiveness priorities
A recent Alberta Chambers of Commerce (ACC) survey reveals reducing direct costs is a top priority for Alberta business operators. Find out more.
Next Level Events
Vaccination & Remote Work Issues for Employers
Join the Lloydminster Chamber of Commerce and Shane Buchanan, Employment Lawyer with MLT Aikins LLP to learn about Vaccination & Remote Work Issues for Employers.
Location - Online Event
Thursday Sep 16, 2021
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM MDT
2021 Business Awards: Celebrating the Hero Within - Tickets on sale now!
- Fire ban partially lifted for City of Medicine Hat
- City to follow artist requests regarding COVID attendance requirements
- Seniors Centre operations transitioning to Kerby Assembly effective September 1
- More funding to increase health-care capacity to allow more Albertans to receive care outside of hospitals and free up resources to treat COVID-19 patients during the fourth wave.
- As of September 7, the Government of Canada is allowing fully vaccinated foreign nationals meeting the conditions to enter Canada for discretionary (non-essential) purposes.
- Albertans can now order driver abstracts and vehicle information reports online.
- Influenza Immunization Employer Toolkit
- RecoveryAccessAlberta.ca launched a tool that will make it easier to find and access addiction resources.
- Substance Use and the Workplace: Supporting Employers and Employees in the Trades. For more information on workplace safety and substance use, please visit CCSA’s Workplace Safety web page.
- The Complete Guide to Ecommerce Product Photography
- The Freedom to care website will allow organizations to find existing exemptions or apply for new exemptions to regulations that were never intended for them.
Find more updates on our social media