Budget Town Hall With Finance Minister February 7th
Two telephone town hall meetings on Feb. 6 and 7 will give people the opportunity to ask questions and provide their views on the provincial budget. Albertans with a publicly listed land line will automatically receive a call. Residents who live north of Red Deer will receive a call on Feb. 6 and those who live in Red Deer and southern Alberta will receive a call on Feb. 7. Mobile users can sign up for a call or dial in shortly before the telephone town halls begin. People can also listen and participate online.
How it works:
- The telephone town halls will be held from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. reaching residents in:
- northern Alberta (all communities north of Red Deer) on Wednesday, Feb. 6
- southern Alberta (Red Deer and all communities south) on Thursday, Feb. 7
- Publicly listed telephone numbers (not on the national or provincial Do Not Call list) will be dialed and invited to participate in the call.
- Participants can choose to register online in advance.
- Cellphone users and other interested participants may dial into the call toll-free at 1-877-229-8493, and enter the code 115500 at least 10 minutes before the start of the town hall, or they can register online to be called.
- Albertans may also listen and submit questions online.
The 90-minute call will be moderated. A question-and-answer period will follow after opening remarks.
- No personal information will be saved or used by the Government of Alberta.
Participants’ comments will help frame decisions for Budget 2019. Albertans can continue to provide their comments for the budget online until Feb. 10.