What Are Your Fiscal Priorities? Share Them During Telephone Town Halls
The provincial Minister of Finance will be hosting a town hall for southern Alberta on Wednesday, October 9th. Albertans with a publicly listed phone number will automatically receive a call to participate. Albertans are also invited to listen and participate online. Participants’ comments will help frame decisions for Budget 2019 and future budgets. Albertans can continue to provide their comments for the budget online until Oct. 11. Here is how it works:
- The telephone town hall will be held from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. reaching residents in:
- northern Alberta (all communities north of Red Deer) on Monday, Oct 7.
- southern Alberta (Red Deer and all communities south) on Wednesday, Oct. 9
- Publicly listed telephone numbers (not on the national or provincial do not call list) will be dialed and invited to participate in the call.
- Participants can choose to register online in advance.
- Cellphone users and other interested participants may dial into the call toll-free at 1-877-229-8493, and enter the code 115500 at least 10 minutes before the start of the town hall, or they can register online to be called.
- Albertans may also listen and submit questions online.
- The 90-minute call will be moderated. A question and answer period will follow after opening remarks.
- No personal information will be saved or used by the Government of Alberta.