Inspiration Awards Are Now Taking Nominations
Every two years, government presents the Inspiration Awards to outstanding Albertans who are making a difference in their communities. Their efforts build awareness, contribute to violence prevention and advance healthy relationships for all Albertans. The next Inspiration Awards will be in spring 2020 and the call for nominations is now open. The deadline to submit nominations is January 13, 2020. Find more information on the Inspiration Awards website.
Individuals, organizations or businesses are recognized for work that contributes to violence prevention and promoting health relationships.
Up to 3 awards are given for leadership in each of these categories:
- Family Violence Prevention
- Sexual Violence Prevention
- Child Abuse Prevention
- Bullying Prevention
Up to one award is given in each of these categories:
- Emerging Excellence – recognizes a youth or new professional aged 24 or younger who demonstrates leadership in any of the social issues above
- Innovation – awarded to an individual, organization or business for an innovative approach to any of the social issues above
- Lifetime Achievement – honours an individual for their long-term commitment to violence prevention and/or building healthy relationships
Alberta residents or Alberta-based organizations, agencies, government offices, businesses or groups may be nominated for an Inspiration Award.