Provincial Government Creates Red Tape Reduction Small Industry Panel
The panel is made up of small business owners, associations assisting small business growth, and successful Alberta-founded companies that started out as small businesses. They will work closely with Associate Minister of Red Tape Reduction Grant Hunter and provide advice as to which regulatory processes are limiting the growth of Alberta’s small businesses. The panel will also provide feedback on current efforts to cut red tape by one-third.
Panel members are:
- Tony Stolz, owner, Stolz Williams Consulting
- Barbara McKenzie, executive director, Business Link (non-profit)
- Mike Lovsin, president, Freson Bros.
- Sam Woods, vice-president, Jori International
- Marlo Brausse, owner, Barre Body Studio
- Tyler Hawryluk, CEO, Widynowski’s Sausage
- Rocky Sinclair, CEO, Alberta Indian Investment Corporation
- Bill Walker, CEO, Landmark Cinemas
This is the third industry panel to provide feedback to the associate minister of red tape reduction. The Tourism and Hospitality and the Oil and Gas industry panels began in August.
Additional panels that will be announced in the future include:
- agriculture, agri-food, and bio-industrial